Saturday 10 March 2012

Inspiration

This biggest project this year in packaging is the package of nothing. To start this project I visited http://www.flickr.com/photos/miadcommunicationdesign/sets/72157615594727916/ to see what other students had done for this same assignment. From there I brainstormed ideas of "nothing"that could be put into packages.
This is the list that I came up with.
cooties
intuition
motivation
luck perseverance
reassurance
voices inside your head
long arm of the law
a taste of your own medicine
personal bubble
chastity
water from the fountain of youth
 social life

After creating a list of possible items to package I narrowed it down to cooties or a taste of your own medicine. After looking into how I would package each I decided to go with a taste of your own medicine. I then began to brainstorm ideas of the types of packing I could put the "medicine" in.
This is the list I came up with:
pill bottle
blister pack
cough syrup package

The type of package that I thought would work the best would be a cough syrup package because cough syrup tastes bad, just like a taste of your own medicine.

The tone of my package is sarcastic and therefore uses witty sayings in place of medical terms. For example for the active ingredients instead of being medicinal I put traits such as pessimism, over confidence, bossiness, arrogance ect. It also will include information in the drug facts such as "Stop use and ask a doctor if attitude does not go away, if behaviour worsens or persistent feeling of depression."
I then found a die line of a cough syrup box and began to map out where the different information would go. I also researched different packages that the design would be similar to a cough syrup package. These are a few of the ones that I am taking inspiration from.




From here I am going to take the inspiration from these packages and create the finalized version of my own.
pictures from:lovelypackage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment