Tuesday 1 November 2011

Before I die...

Before I die there are many things that I'd like to do:
1. Travel the world
2. Make a difference
3. Graduate and get a job that I love
I could go on but the list would be pages long.

Candy Chang is an artist that started the movement to make cities more comfortable by installing black boards in places where you wouldn't expect to see inspiring art. This was done in hopes for people to share what inspires them and moves them. The words "Before I die I want to____________" was stenciled multiple times on the wall for people to fill in the blank. After a day of the wall being put up it was filled. 


Candy has done other projects similar to this such as the Career Path Project. This was where she stenciled "When I was little I wanted to be______" and " "Today I want to be______" on a path where students frequently travel so they could fill it out and stay motivated in school.

For more information on these project and more go to:
candychang.com/before-i-die-in-nola/

No comments:

Post a Comment