Sunday 5 February 2012

Criticism


After the completion of my first project, my beer logo I asked multiple people for feedback. Overall the conclusion that I arrived at was that it was not very strong aesthetically. There were a few positives such as the name that I had chosen was a good choice and the typefaces that I used worked. As well the larger beer bottle that I had chosen worked with the over all target audience of American men. The constructive criticism that I received was that the artwork looked to flat and wasn't visually interesting enough. To solve this I could add some crosshatching to the skull, over lap the text and the image or use a different picture of a cow skull. Secondly there were too many competing elements to the logo, the lines crossing in the background over the text, the colours against each other and the texture.
Since it seemed that there were more negatives than positives and many of my label elements weren't working I decided to keep the name, scratch everything else and start fresh. To connect my brewing company, Lone Star Brewery, and the particular brand of beer together I have decided to change the shape of the logo to a similar Texas ranger badge shape.

The colour pallet that I am now using is changing from blue, red and silver to white, black and red to give the label a more professional and sleek look. Half of the new logo is done by hand and the type is computer generated. In the back I added a texture so that the elements tie into each other better. The new final product looks like this:


I feel that this is a much more successful approach than my first. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment