Wednesday 1 February 2012

Successful Portrait

A successful portrait gives you insight into the captured character's personality. This is a portrait that I have taken of my friend Stephanie Kipfer. This is a successful portrait because the lighting, background and way this photo was taken all gives insight into her personality. She is a very down to earth and kind hearted person. I believe that the soft lighting of the outdoors helps to capture this. As well with the background blurred there is less competition for you to look at it instead of her face. I have also made the composition ideal so that her eyes fall where the top third and second third meet. I used a white reflector to capture the highlights of her eyes, because eyes are the window to the soul.
When I asked for feedback on this picture I was told I could have reflected even more light into her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment